Energy bars are convenient one-the-go snack to toss in your gym bag, but they are more often than not – full of added sugar and other not-so-desirable ingredients. If you need a healthy pre-run slice, those freshly made bars could be perfect choice of a quick snack.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 bananas; mashed
- 2 carrots; grated
- an apple; grated
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Preparation: 15 min
- Bake: cc 20 min
- Ready in 35 min
- Yields: 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Mix oats, bananas, carrots, apple, applesauce, and peanuts together in a big bowl; spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy;
- You can add walnuts/almonds/sunflower seeds instead of the peanuts if like it better.
- Per Serving: 124 calories; 4 g fat; 20 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 10 mg sodium.
L O V I N G I S G L O W I N G